Sunday 29 January 2012

music magzine title reasearch

I have found creating a unique and well though through magazine title can be difficult so here I have done research in to the connotations of some music magazines titles.
Kerrang’s title derives from the sound which an electric guitar makes when a power chord is played. this clearly links to the magazines theme of rock music as the electric guitar is usually associated with rock music. in my opinion the exclamation mark used at the end of the word represents rock music's loudness also coinciding with the cracked effect used on the text.



Despite pop music magazine Q's simplistic and almost mysterious title the single letter has a meaningful reason of being today. originally the magazine was to be named 'Cue' as in to cue a record to play but to avoid the confusion of it being a snooker magazine the title was stylised into 'Q'. I found this story useful of what I should avoid such as title which connote something different to what my magazine is promoting.

No comments:

Post a Comment